Saturday, May 10, 2014

OUTRAGEOUS CAKES

Here's a couple of crazy, outrageous cakes I've made so far that kids (and adults) want to dive into :-)

1/ Chocolate Explosion M&M Fortress
Awesome idea. Bake a double recipe of a quatre quart with some cocoa powder. Slice it in half.
Spread some whipped cream with crushed M&M's on the first half.
Put the second half on top. Then cover the whole cake with cocoa butter cream.
Surround the cake with Kit Kat cookies. I used a cute little ribbon to tie the whole thing together, in case the buttercream would start to melt...
And top with loads of M&M's.
There you go. The Chocolate Explosion M&M Fortress.


2/ Maltezer Sheep
Bake a double recipe of a quatre quart with some cocoa powder. Slice it in half.
Spread some whipped cream with crushed Maltezers on the first half.
Put the second half on top. Then cover the whole cake with cocoa butter cream.
Arrange Maltezers on top of it, to look like a sheep.
Mold a sheep's head with marzipan or whatever is in your kitchen that could serve for this.
You could try the same, but with a marshmallow cream and little marshmallows to create a white sheep.

3/ Easter Bunny
I found the idea for the shape of this bunny via Pinterest. And the recipe for the cake on Martha Stewart's website.
So bake the fabulous recipe of the Hummingbird Cake. Next time, I will bake half the recipe because it was to big and my bunny turned out to be very fat :-(
Then make some Orange & Ginger Buttercream to frost this baby.
And use coconut flakes to get the fluffy coat of my Easter Bunny.
Decorate with Easter colored pastel M&M's.

4/ Bicycle Cupcakes
As my colleagues and I would go on a team building activity together, a "wielertoerist" tour in the hilly Oudenaarde, I decided to make cute and energizing cupcakes for each team.
The cupcakes are a variation on my apple & pecan muffins. They are filled with dried fruits and pecans. Topped with fondant, I drew a little bicycle on each one, with the color of every team.


No comments:

Post a Comment